My Christmas Family Tradition

My Christmas Family Tradition

By Cassidy

It’s always been a family tradition that every year on Christmas my family always celebrates Christmas eve at my Grandpas house, the night and few days before we make homemade perogies. We need enough for around 20 people, so we always start early on making the food. This year I get to help my grandpa because I’m old enough to start help with the cooking and the baking. Every Christmas eve all the kids get matching pajamas and we always take family photos. Last year we all got matching elf pajamas and they were very comfortable and warm. Normally at my Grandpas we open presents from family members, this year I got to pick out my Christmas present because I went shopping with my Grandpa, we went to the Rideau Centre and Bayshore mall, it was fun. We’re going back this weekend because we forgot to get some stuff for my brothers and cousins, I hope they’ll all like the presents we picked out for them, although I did all the picking because I had a list of stuff everyone wanted for Christmas. Normally for Christmas eve for dinner with the perogies, we have turkey, potatoes, vegetables, cranberry sauce/jelly and chicken. For dessert we normally have the homemade Christmas snacks my stepmom makes and normally my grandpa will buy things, its different deserts every year I don’t know what we’re going to have this year. I’ve been helping my grandpa clean and get ready for Christmas and this weekend we’re going to set up his tree and the mini Christmas village he has, when I was younger I always liked to play with the mini figures of the village, I always thought it was so fun to do and I was amazed on how big it was and that it lit up. Another family tradition we have is that we always go to my great Grandmas house for Christmas brunch, we haven’t seen her in a few years due to COVID, but this year we’re visiting her because we haven’t seen her. Thanks for reading my blog about my Christmas family tradition(s).